Sunday, August 26, 2012

                                                     EXPLORE (Sunday Scribblings)

The canning is done and the mess is cleaned up. Now I need something new to explore.
I could explore new areas of my brain. They say we only use a part of our brains. Then how do we get to the uncharted parts? I need the storage space. The part I'm using is full and overflowing.
I could explore some new literature. Read something different than I usually read. But there again, I would need more brain space. If the story is indeed true about our using only a small portion of our brain(which I doubt), they need to come up with a tiny laser surgery to open the rest of it. Then we could be intelligent to the very last moment of life.
I could explore new territory. I've never been to Hawaii or Alaska.(hint, hint, Tom Gibson) I can probably forget about Alaska cause he got chilly HERE last week.
I could explore DANGER. I've been hearing stories of people hearing and seeing mountain lions in our area. I could meet one eyeball to eyeball. I'd like to have my Bowie knife at my side, no, in my hand, if I did.
I received a photo of "the biggest rattlesnake killed in Baldwin County, AL. Yeah, that's where we hang out when we go there. Goodbye, Baldwin County. The mountain lion might be a little bigger than that Eastern Diamondback(not much), but I'd rather face the mountain lion any day.
I'm ready for a new adventure. Any suggestions?

7 comments:

  1. Phew..sometimes exploration can be happily undertaken in a comfy armchair far away from rattlesnakes and mountain lions..although great stories come from great adventures.be careful out there! Jae

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful exploration of possibilities, Kay! I think I'll stick safely to exploring thru books, I too live in the land of rattlesnakes and I have no wish to encounter one today or any other!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay, this is like a Bucket List, ha ha. I don't fancy exploring any place that harbors snakes (or bats!) (or clowns, for that matter), but I love the idea of expanding the brain by filling oneself with new words, learning by reading as well as by doing. Just don't try skydiving, OK? Otherwise I'll get nervous! Peace, Amy Barlow Liberatore

    ReplyDelete
  4. I promise not to sky dive, bunge jump, or eat liver!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a wonderful idea - I am sure doctors of the future will be able to upload our stored thoughts and memories to the 'U-cloud' to make room for more...I am often an armchair traveler too....

    ReplyDelete
  6. depends on your interest. i did bungee jumping once and i almost backed-out haha. this post got me thinking, what's next for me?

    thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for Alaska or Hawaii, and definitely not for the snake or mountain lion, though like you I think I'd rather take my chances with the mountain lion. Snakes terrify me! Nothing should be able to move that quickly without feet! :-) My favorite pastime is exploring other people's blogs, this was a fun read!

    ReplyDelete