Sunday, July 1, 2012

                                              STRETCH(Sundayblogger)

It's a stretch of the imagination to imagine me becoming a mother this spring. I'm in my 60's. But I did. A fawn came out of my woods crying and I found a baby bottle that someone had left and began feeding it.
It's a stretch of the imagination to image that fawn, Bambino, coming to the house and banging on the door at 5:30 a.m. and then again in the evening and spending the rest of the time in the woods. But he does.
It's a stretch of the imagination to image that fawn, Bambino, running and playing with the young grandchildren and when a raccoon or opossum come in the yard, he tries to run them off. But he does.
It's a stretch of the imagination to image in the 28 summers I've lived here, and tried and tried to keep the deer out of my garden, that I stood and watched Bambino eat my green beans. But I did.
It's a stretch of the imagination to believe this story. But it's true.

4 comments:

  1. I DO Loki this. I'm going to have my children ( who I call Bambinos) read your post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, you are the perfect mother for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome, an absolutely winning piece, Kay! Thank you for that (no one but a mom would let that bugger eat their green beans!)

    ReplyDelete